JD Sports has set out its store requirements as the retailer looks to continue its expansion into the retail park market.
The sportswear retailer opened 16 new retail park stores in 2021 and 2022, with a further eight all to open by the end of the year, including its 100th retail park site.
The eight sites are:
- Altrincham Retail Park, Altrincham
- Emersons Green Retail Park, Bristol
- Arena Shopping Park, Coventry
- Kingsway Retail Park, Derby
- St James Retail Park, Dover
- Talbot Green Shopping Park, Llantrisant (upsized unit)
- Cyfarthfa Shopping Park, Merthyr Tydfil (upsized unit)
- Newbury Retail Park, Newbury
In March, the JD Sports said it is looking to open 10 retail park stores a year, as part of wider expansion plans which would see the retailer launch hundreds of new stores annually.
Ideal units will be between 6,000 and 10,000 sq ft on the ground floor with 2,000 sq ft at mezzanine level. JD Sports is looking to open in retail parks which contain other high street retailers.
James Potter of the newly-launched Park Place Retail has been appointed to find suitable locations.